A thought-provoking and creative process, coaching is a partnership between a coachee and a professional coach, meant to help the coachee process their experience, feel validated, explore new perspectives, and reconnect with their values and creative resources to imagine a way forward.
The Healthcare Heroes on the frontlines of the COVID19 pandemic in Switzerland are exposed to incredible mental and physical stress. In this very difficult context, professional coaching can help them with:
- Processing the experience of these last couple of weeks and months
- Coping with strong emotions, stress and developing emotional and mental resilience in the face of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Shifting from reactive to a proactive mindset
- Exploring new perspectives and starting to prepare a path for life after the lockdown
- Focusing on what is within their control and reconnecting with their own resources
It is important to note that coaching is different from (and sometimes complementary to) therapy. Coaching focuses on visioning, success, the present, and moving into the future.